1 1/2 lb raisins
2 lbs prunes
1/2 lb cherry
3 cups red wine
1 bottle strawberry jam
3/4 cup white rum
2 Tbsp. vanilla
2 tsps. almond essence
1 lb. (450 grams) Anchor Butter
1/2 lb. (225 grams) brown sugar
8 medium eggs
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 lb. (450 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 lb. (120 grams) breadcrumbs
3 tsps. baking powder
2 Tsps. cinnamon powder
2 tsps. nutmeg powder
2 Tbsps. browing
1 cup red wine
1/4 cup white wine
1. Preheat oven at 300°F/160°C. Grease and line two 8"×8"×2 / 20cm×20cm×5cm cake pans.
2. Blend raisins with wine, cook for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
3. Add rum, vanilla, and almond essence.
4. Cream soft margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs one at time, beating well between each addition, add lemon juice.
6. Combine and sift all dry ingredients.
7. To the creamed mixture, add the dry ingredients and wine mixture alternately. Stir in strawberry jam and browning, pour into baking pans.
8. Place baking pan on the bottom of the oven, cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours or until done.
Use a toothpick and stick it into the center of the cake to check if the cake is baked.
6 cups sorrel sepals
2 small ginger (beaten)
24 whole pimento seeds
4 leaves cinnamon
4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup j wray & nephew white rum (optional)
1/4 cup stone giner wine (optional)
1/4 cup red label wine (optional)
* Wash sorrel and ginger.
* Boil 6 cups of water
* Place sorrel, grated ginger, cinnamon leaves into the boiling water.
* Add pimento seeds to the mixture.
* Boil for 1/2hr - 40 minutes.
* Let it remain for a day.
* Strain and sweeten with brown sugar.
You can add the wines for a little spice.