Another three weeks before Mavado's son's bail hearing starts back

Webmin
No Comments

mavado-and-son.jpgThe 16-year-old son of dancehall star, Mavado, who is charged with murder, conspiracy to murder and arson, will be spending the rest of this month at the Metcalfe Street Juvenile Remand Centre. even as his legal team seeks to secure bail for him.

Bert Samuels is quoted as saying that the bail application will continue on July 31. He stated that no ruling has yet been made by the judge.

Samuels started the bail application last month, and argued that his client was a fit candidate for bail, urging the court to release him on bond.

He said he remains confident that bail will eventually be granted.

"The young man is not being housed with adult prisoners, he is being held at Metcalfe (Street), so he is safe," said Samuels.

Mavado's son and 23-year-old Andre Hines were charged over a month ago with the murder of Lorenzo Thomas in Cassava Piece, St Andrew.

Prosecutors have alleged that on June 5, men armed with guns, machetes and gasoline invaded Thomas' home in the community, where he was shot and virtually beheaded before his body was set ablaze.

The police said the teen and Hines were part of the group of invaders.

Categories