Bobbi Kristina Brown dead at 22

No Comments

bobbi-kristina-brown-pictured-is-dead.jpgNearly six months after being found face down and unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home - and a month after being moved to hospice - Bobbi Kristina Brown, the only child of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, has died at the age of 22.

The Associated Press reported her death on Sunday night. "Bobbi Kristina Brown passed away July 26, 2015, surrounded by her family," a rep for the Houston family said. "She is finally at peace in the arms of God. We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months."

Bobbi Kristina was discovered by friend Max Lomas and the man she referred to as her husband, Nick Gordon, on Jan. 31, and was transferred to an Atlanta-area hospital. Though no drugs were found at her home when medics arrived, a criminal investigation was eventually opened; however, no arrests have been made.

Upon arrival at the hospital, she continued breathing with the aid of a ventilator as friends and relatives flocked by her side. Within days, she had very little brain activity and was moved to Emory University Hospital, which is considered a top facility for neurological problems.

For weeks, conflicting reports surfaced about Bobbi Kristina's progress and the severity of her condition, all while she was still in a medically induced coma. However, on Feb. 10 the Brown family felt the need to speak out and address stories that claimed she would be taken off of life support the following day on the third anniversary of her mother's death.

Doctors eventually removed her breathing tube, allowing Brown to be ventilated through a hole in her throat, but she suffered a major setback when her medical team attempted to take her off medications and rouse her from her coma. Bobbi Kristina had violent seizures and had to be placed back on the drugs.

In March, she was relocated to a rehabilitation center. At the time, her grandmother Cissy Houston told Entertainment Tonight, "I'd like to thank everybody who was praying. Who really knows the worth of prayer and I'm sure it'll get through. I'm just waiting for whatever happens. We go to the hospital every day and pray and I talk to her because she can still hear and I rub her hand," she said. "We do what we can do. The rest is... all up to Him. We know nothing about His plan... All I can do is hope for the best."