All systems go for Houston's Swagg Jamz

Webmin
No Comments
It is gearing up to be Houston's worst kept secret - the monthly Swagg Jamz which will have its kick-off on Friday, September 9, 2011.
A project of Crossroad Production and Entertainment Group, Swagg Jamz, will take place the second Friday of each month at Club Riddims and will consist of great music, exciting theme nights, along with a live  performer some Fridays.
"It's all about having fun - getting your swagger on and jamming to the musical mix of experienced deejays, while feeling a heightened sense of belonging by being part of the chosen theme for that Friday. For the first Jamz on September 9, we will have DJ Vibes and in October we will have Red Rat as the live performer," a representative from Crossroads Production explained.
"Right now, we know that in music circles it's all about 'tunning up di swagga'," promoter Brown said with a smile, as he added that the idea came to him after he saw the enthusiasm with which Houston embraced the Swag dance.
"We had two shows recently - one in Houston and the other in Dallas, and while Kip Rich was on stage, a Caucasian woman was dancing and he called her on stage and taught her the Swag dance. The audience loved it. Then I started thinking that perhaps it would be a good idea to offer person some kind of monthly entertainment and fill a void that now exists," said Mr. Brown, who has been involved in the music business for over 15 years.
The only name that came to his mind for the monthly event was the Swagg Jamz. He pitched the idea to a couple of persons, they liked it and Brown decided to run with it.
Formerly a record producer, Brown is now involved in promotions and is known for his annual, well-produced reggae show,  with many of the genre's top artistes. He brings his skills to the Swagg Jamz, which, he says will cater to the 18-35 age group and will be a heavy reggae jam. The music, Brown pointed out will be 90 percent reggae/dancehall, while the other 10 percent will be a mixture of soca, hip hop, R&B and other genres.
Check out www.wowent.com for more info.

Enhanced by Zemanta

 

Categories