Veteran dancer Labba Labba refreshes rumours of Beenie Man's alleged involvement in the murder of iconic dancer Bogle.

The veteran Dancehall artiste is facing fresh scrutiny following allegations by veteran dancer Labba Labba, who claims he allegedly paid a hitmen to kill the legendary dancer back in 2005.

According to Labba Labba, the veteran entertainer paid a man called Chris Royal $100,000 to kill the iconic dancer.





Police probing Corey Todd's wife shooting

Webmin
No Comments

corey-todd-and-wife.jpgIt's been almost two weeks since Shemara Todd, the wife of Corey Todd, owner of Taboo night club, was shot by bike riders while driving along Washington Boulevard in Kingston. And it has been hush-hush ever since.

Finally, the police say that they are reportedly following a number of leads into the shooting.

According to the police, they are leaving no stones unturned in their investigations and are already following several leads and are determined to capture the perpetrator or perpetrators responsible for the shooting.

According to the Corporate Communications Unit, they are looking into all possible leads including those circulating on social media that it may be connected to her husband's shooting several years ago.

Investigators also confirmed reports that a large sum of money was taken from the Taboo nightclub owner's vehicle, but theorize that it was taken by hoodlums after the shooting incident and not by the attackers.

Shemara Todd was shot and injured earlier this month by two gunmen on motorcycles who were seemingly awaiting her along a section of the Washington Boulevard highway.

The woman was reportedly shot four times and lost control of her Mercedes-Benz SUV, which collided with several other vehicles before finally crashing into the wall of a home.

Todd was rushed to hospital by a passing by a passing motorist.

Unconfirmed reports are that Mrs Todd left the island via air ambulance for an undisclosed location.





gun-shooting.jpgThe People's National Party (PNP) is calling for the Prime Minister to fire Robert Montague, the current Minister of Transport and Mining and the former Minister of National Security, over his decision to empanel a special review body which granted 29 gun licences to persons who reportedly had questionable characters.

Mr. Montague made the disclosure at a press conference on Friday where he defended his action.

The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) had rejected the applications from the 29 persons, reportedly on account of adverse traces during background checks.

The press conference came a day after Television Jamaica reported that Montague, as the then security minister, overturned a decision of the FLA and granted a gun licence to a man who the police said allegedly had ties to criminal activities.





robbery.jpgA Jamaica woman who is based in the United States has been left stranded in the island following a robbery in downtown Kingston over the weekend. The woman was robbed of her travel documents and cash.

Officers attached to the Darling Street Police Station say that they received a report that the woman, was walking on Princess Street in downtown Kingston on Saturday when she was held up at knife point by a group of men and robbed of over a $100, 000 and documents, including her passport. She told the police that losing the money and other documents has left her literally stranded in the island as she was to leave the island later that same day.

Police were up to early Tuesday morning searching for the group of hoodlums who held up the woman .

The men cornered the woman, threatened to harm her and then grabbed her bag and ran, he said.

Police are reportedly following several leads in their efforts to locate the perpetrators.

According to law enforcement officers, there has been a noticeable increase in robberies in and around downtown Kingston in recent months, a development that has triggered concerns among members of the public.





Decomposing body of contractor found in St James

Webmin
No Comments

crime-scene-tape-gloves.jpgThe decomposing body of a contractor was found at his home in Lilliput, St James, on Monday.

Detectives attached to the Barrett Town Police Station said they are not sure of the cause of death. However, they have identified the man as 73-year-old Neville Parkinson, otherwise called 'Rasta'.

Reports are that Parkinson's body was found by residents after they went to look for him after not seeing him for a couple days.

Reports are that about 8:30 a.m., a neighbour went to his house to investigate what had happened to him. After smelling something unpleasant coming from his house, the resident alerted others in the community, and they made their way inside his house where his body discovered.

The police were called and his body was removed to the morgue.





Cubans get free Internet for a whole day!!!

Webmin
No Comments

cubans-free-internet.jpgCuba's government said it provided free internet to the Communist-run island's more than five million cellphone users on Tuesday, in an eight-hour test before it launches sales of the service.

State-run telecommunications monopoly ETECSA announced the trial.

Tuesday marks the first time internet services were available nationwide.

There are hundreds of WiFi hotspots in Cuba but virtually no home penetration.

On the streets of Havana, mobile users said they were happy about the day of free internet, even as some complained that connectivity was notably slower than usual.





(AP) -- A priest raped a 7-year-old girl while he was visiting her in the hospital after she'd had her tonsils removed. Another priest forced a 9-year-old boy into having oral sex, then rinsed out the boy's mouth with holy water. One boy was forced to say confession to the priest who sexually abused him.

Those children are among the victims of roughly 300 Roman Catholic priests in Pennsylvania who molested more than 1,000 children -- and possibly many more -- since the 1940s, according to a sweeping state grand jury report released Tuesday that accused senior church officials, including a clergyman who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., of systematically covering up complaints.

The "real number" of abused children and abusive priests might be higher since some secret church records were lost and some victims never came forward, the grand jury said. U.S. bishops adopted sweeping reforms in 2002 when clergy abuse became a national crisis for the church, including stricter requirements for reporting accusations to law enforcement and a streamlined process for removing clerics who abuse children. But the grand jury said more changes are needed.

"Despite some institutional reform, individual leaders of the church have largely escaped public accountability," the grand jury wrote in the roughly 900-page report.

"Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing; they hid it all."

Top church officials have mostly been protected and many, including some named in the report, have been promoted, the grand jury said, concluding that "it is too early to close the book on the Catholic Church sex scandal."

In nearly every case, prosecutors found that the statute of limitations has run out, meaning that criminal charges cannot be filed. More than 100 of the priests are dead. Many others are retired or have been dismissed from the priesthood or put on leave. Authorities charged just two as a result of the grand jury investigation, including a priest who has since pleaded guilty, though some of those named had been charged years ago.

Attorney General Josh Shapiro said the investigation is ongoing. The investigation of six of Pennsylvania's eight dioceses-- Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton -- is the most extensive investigation of Catholic clergy abuse by any state, according to victim advocates. The dioceses represent about 1.7 million Catholics.





OUT NOW! 'Can't Bring Me Down' by Red Sage

Webmin
No Comments

DJ's and Press Click Here For a Free Download of Red Sage's Brand New Single "Can't Bring Me Down"

cant-bring-me-down.jpgRoots Musician Records is proud to announce the brand new release from Red Sage, "Can't Bring Me Down". Red Sage is a collective of musicians hailing from Colorado's thriving music scene. The group brings a blend of reggae, latin, blues, and soul influences that is combined to make an interesting type of roots music.

The music is inspired by true life, current events, as well as a will to spread love throughout the darkest corners of the world.

"Can't Bring Me Down" sends a message to the listener to never let anyone bring down their spirit, and keep their heads held high throughout dark times. "Can't Bring Me Down" was mixed and mastered by E.N Young at Imperial Sound Recording Studio in Imperial Beach California.

We hope you enjoy the free download link to the song below and please add it to your playlists and mixes today!

DJ's and Press Click Here For a Free Download of Red Sage's Brand New Single "Can't Bring Me Down"

roots-musician-records.png





Categories